Friday, September 30, 2011

Your KUNG FU Is *MOST* Powerful !!!

One day, about 20 years ago, my mom and I were in her Den. She'd let me come over and watch Kung Fu theater on her big TV.  After a particularly rousing battle, I turned it off.

She asked me for the newspaper TV guide so she could do the crossword. I rolled it up, and tossed it six feet across the room right into her waiting hand! She caught it perfectly!

The paper had fluttered and flapped on the way, like a kung fu Masters robes when he flies through the air, so I said in my best imitation deep deep kung fu movie voice "Your Kung Fu! It is Most Powerful!!!"

She looked at me over the top of her eyeglasses, and with a poker face let out the deepest kung fu movie Master laugh slowly "Huh! Huh! Huh! Huh!", then went on to read her paper.  She was in her sixties.

I fell on the floor!!!! She can't stand the chop chop movies, and to think she absorbed enough of them to do that perfect comeback. I'll always treasure that moment.

Copyright 2011 VROUK

No comments:

Post a Comment